Saturday 14 June 2014

Pueblo Grande

Turns out there are STILL more pictures from our America trip that I've forgotten about.  I am thinking of Phoenix this morning especially because it's cold and rainy outside (Australia is going into winter) and all my Phoenix friends are posting pictures of sitting by the pool in the sunshine.

*shakes fist at the sky*

So one afternoon we endeavored to visit Pueblo Grande; even though it's less than 10 minutes away from my Mom's house, I've never been.  Oops.  I'm glad Alec and I got to see it together.

Pueblo Grande is a huge pre-Columbian archaeological site made by the Hohokam people.  It's also a little strange/awesome to visit nowadays because it's located right next to the airport and the 202 freeway.

Ohhhhhhh myyyy look how small Clementine was!!  These pictures are from January.  Goodness gracious.


I would like very much for all these plants to be in my backyard someday.  I'm also noticing the low, low winter sun even though I think we were there around noon.


 
I asked Alec to take this picture because she was so gentle and peaceful, the shadows make her eyelashes look extra delicate.



Inspiration for our future adobe house.


Sky Harbor in the background.


 
Has anyone else ever thought maybe Saguaros are the weirwoods of the Southwest??

No comments:

Post a Comment