Monday 1 December 2014

Morning Times

I haven't been writing lately because I've been a little occupied with work!  You may have heard, I started a second-hand clothing company called Mutual Muse (www.mutualmuse.net).  I've been at it for a few months and it's finally to a point where people are responding and I'm feeling like I might really have something there.  It's a lot of hard work and emotional growth but it's so worth it.  There are many exciting milestones on the horizon and I can't wait to see what the future brings.

Now that things are ever so slightly more established, I hope I'll have more creative energy to keep up with the blog.  Mom sent me a text message this morning that said "I need a blog post!" so I decided to take pictures of what was immediately around me and start there.

I recently weaned Clementine so our mornings are much smoother without her demanding for the boob.  I used to have to hide in my room all morning because if she saw me, she wouldn't let Alec tend to her anymore.  Now we've worked past that and I'm able to enjoy the mornings out of bed once again.

We spent our morning relaxing on the porch.  We are headed into summer so it's finally nice enough outside to sit and enjoy the weather in t-shirts or diapers.

Clemmy is walking 75% of the time, which means she is also getting into trouble about 75% of the time too.  


The back porch/ garden are her favorite places to hang out especially because she can do her favorite things, playing in the dirt and terrorizing the plants.  I gave her a tiny pot as a compromise to not knock the plants off the shelf.  


Rooting for rocks to put in her tiny pot.


Off to do more rooting.  Clementine loves to play by herself outside.  I'll make sure there's nothing dangerous and let her do her thing.  I leave the backdoors open so I can hear if she gets into trouble but so far she's been fine.  She occasionally takes a tumble off the back stoop (it's only one step off the ground) but when she's alone she always recovers quickly.

So far the only casualty has been one of my prized tomatillo plants :(


And then Alec got home from his run.  Things really slow down around here during Christmastime so we anticipate many more of these relaxing sunny mornings together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment